Boston, NY, NJ, Philadelphia, DC or Chicago
Territory: Northeast and Central US
Our client is a young, innovative company, launching an exciting new technology in the blood testing industry. They are expanding their team to drive adoption of their technology in the US market.
This position will serve as the key interface for new customers. We are seeking applicants with previous industry experience and established relationships within hospital blood banks. The primary focus is to identify key opinion leaders and early adopters, introduce the technology and assist in evaluation and contract negotiations.
- Prospecting: Search, identify and qualify leads within hospitals, research centers, transfusion centers and blood banks
- Customer management: build relationships, establish rapport, provide technical assistance to prospective customers in evaluating the technology, and provide support post sale.
- Prepare for and attend local and international conferences and exhibitions
- Develop keen understanding of the market and potential growth areas
- Meet sales revenue targets
- Travel of 50-70%
- BS or higher in life science or business
- 3 years customer facing experience (MSL, Scientific Consultant, FAS or Sales) in blood management/transfusion medicine space
- Established relationships in regional hospitals, transfusion labs and blood banks; a network that includes Hematology and Oncology MDs a plus
- Experience selling value proposition to hospital C-Suite executives preferred
- Experience in the transfusion market (knowledge of terminology; relevant network and rolodex)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills; ability to build strong networks and successfully manage customer relationships
- Independent, self-motivated, high achiever mentality
- Experience or interest in working for startup company – wearing multiple hats in a fast paced environment; adaptable to change
- Compensation: Competitive base salary plus uncapped commission, stock options, and excellent benefits.