San Francisco or Seattle
Our client is expanding their FAS team, seeking candidates with expertise in cell therapy, gene editing or immunology.
Our client has developed cutting edge technology for transfecting cells, allowing biopharma companies to increase their productivity in producing protein therapeutics. This company offers a unique platform that is positively impacting the discovery, development and manufacturing processes within cellular therapeutics, vaccines and small molecule drugs.
This individual must have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, and a desire to work in a customer facing role.
- Assist customers in evaluating the technology through product demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Provide customer training and troubleshooting in both upstream cell culture applications and downstream transfection
- Perform regular literature reviews, identify key opinion leaders, and provide market feedback to marketing and development teams for product enhancements and new applications
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on applications.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology or similar
- 3 years experience in gene editing, cellular therapy or immunology
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Experience with primary cell genome-editing such as CRISPR/Cas-9 preferred.
- Experience in culturing CHO cells and/or working with bioreactors in development and manufacture of protein therapeutics a plus
- Working knowledge of protein production, HTS-scale cell culture, cell based screening assays and process flow also advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Passion to solve problems, troubleshoot and train other scientists
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Able to travel 25-30%
- Competitive base plus lucrative commission/bonus structure, car allowance and excellent benefits.