NYC or Northern NJ
Expansion role, covering select pharma, biotech and academic accounts in region.
Our client is a market leader in detection and imaging instrumentation for life science and drug discovery research. This is a fantastic organization with a positive team culture, innovative product line and excellent customer service. Due to continued growth, they are expanding their technical sales team in the greater NYC area.
Previous sales experience is a plus but not required; we are excited to interview candidates from the lab (with microplate reader/microscopy experience) and the personality, aptitude and desire to successfully transition into a customer facing role.
- Meet sales targets and maintain positive customer relationships
- Sales activities will include: proactive lead generation, follow-up, technical presentations, vendor shows, product demonstrations and closing orders
- Develop knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays
- BS, MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or similar
- Experience with microplate readers and various detection assays
- Knowledge of fluorescence and luminescence cell-based and biochemical assays including FP, TRF, FRET, AlphaScreen, bead based assays, etc.
- Experience with Microscopy or live cell imaging preferred
- HTS and automated liquid handling experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and driven by achievement
- Competitive base plus uncapped commission structure, company car and excellent benefits.