Houston preferred; may consider Dallas
Responsible for selling high end automation instrumentation for various life science workflows, in a high performing South Central Territory.
Our client is a market leader in automation and liquid handling instrumentation for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We are currently seeking an individual with proven success (OR strong aptitude) in life science technical selling to manage a high performing territory in the South.
Understanding of automation workflows and applications (NGS sample prep, cell based assays, cell culture, mass spec sample prep, toxicology, etc.) is key.
- Develop business plan to exceed territory sales targets
- Maintain existing business, and identify and develop new opportunities
- Call on both research and clinical accounts
- BS in life science discipline
- Experience with automation/liquid handling instrumentation and/or related applications required
- 3+ years proven track record in life science or diagnostic instrument sales preferred
- Will consider strong applicants with an FAS background or someone from the bench/core lab that has strong aptitude in sales AND significant knowledge of liquid handling instrumentation and applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Established relationships within the TX Medical Center and UTSW
- Up to 50% travel
- Competitive base plus lucrative (uncapped) commission structure, car allowance, and excellent benefits.