San Francisco Bay Area
Expansion Position. Seeking scientist with liquid handling automation expertise for a customer support role.
Our client is a market leader in automation and detection platforms for life science and drug discovery research. This is a fantastic organization with a positive team culture, innovative product line and excellent customer service. We are seeking scientists with expertise in lab automation to join their FAS team, supporting customers on the west coast.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, and a desire to move off the bench into a customer support role.
- Provide instrument demonstrations, trainings, automation integration, assay optimization and troubleshooting.
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Travel up to 50%
- BS, MS or PhD in Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or similar
- 2+ years experience in academic or industrial HTS laboratory
- Extensive knowledge of automation, liquid handling and integration with microplate readers and other peripherals
- Experience with microplate related assays (ELISAs, FP, FRET, bead based assays) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in troubleshooting and training other scientists
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus bonus, company car and excellent benefits.