Three state territory (GA, AL and TN). Seeking outgoing scientists with expertise in cell based imaging, interested in transitioning to a customer facing support role.
Our client is a market leader in imaging and detection platforms for life science and drug discovery research. This is a fantastic organization with a positive team culture, innovative product line and excellent customer service. Due to continued growth, they are seeking scientists with expertise in live cell imaging and plate based assays to join their FAS team.
The ideal candidate is a Lab Manager, Senior Lab Technician or Postdoc with excellent interpersonal skills, looking for an opportunity to move off the bench into a customer facing role.
- Provide pre-sales support (product demos, technical presentations) and post-sales training and troubleshooting.
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Up to 50% travel
- PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or similar (or MS with 5+ years imaging experience)
- 2+ years experience in imaging core or HCS lab preferred
- Extensive knowledge of fluorescent imaging, flow cytometry, confocal and/or widefield microscopy
- Experience with plate based imaging
- Image analysis experience; familiarity with MetaMorph, ImageJ, CellProfiler, etc.
- Experience with microplate readers, robotics and related assays (ELISAs, FP, HTRF, FRET, AlphaScreen, bead based assays) also preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Previous FAS or customer facing experience a plus
- Experienced in troubleshooting and training other scientists
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus bonus, company car and excellent benefits.