Any Major Hub West of the Mississippi – San Fran, San Diego, LA, Seattle, Denver, Houston or Phoenix
Working manager – mentoring, coaching and assigning responsibilities to team of 5-6 FAS. Assist with direct customer support as needed.
Our client is a market leader in automation and liquid handling instrumentation for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. They have an open position for an experienced manager to join their team, leading a group of 5-6 Field Application Scientists.
- Responsible for coaching, training and development of team members
- Coordinate regional support for sales team
- Provide application support as needed within the region – assisting with demos, technical presentations, solution design and configuration, etc.
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Travel approximately 50%
- BS, MS or PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar life science discipline
- 5 years experience with automation/liquid handling instrumentation
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience
- Experience with any of the following applications: NGS sample prep, nucleic acid purification/quantification, cell based assays, PCR or qPCR reaction setup
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Compensation: competitive salary plus bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits.