San Francisco, San Diego or LA
Provide technical expertise to customers through seminars, instrument demonstrations and lab consultations/trainings.
Our client is a market leader in automation and liquid handling instrumentation for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We are currently seeking individuals with extensive experience using automation workflows and applications (NGS sample prep, cell based assays, PCR, etc.) to join their customer facing team.
- Provide technical expertise to customers evaluating the company’s technology through instrument demos, technical presentations, solution design and configuration, customer training and troubleshooting
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Travel approximately 50%
- BS, MS or PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar life science discipline
- 5 years experience with automation/liquid handling instrumentation
- Experience with any of the following applications: NGS sample prep, nucleic acid purification/quantification, PCR or qPCR reaction setup
- Experience writing automation applications in instrument native language or software
- Experience with VBScript, VBA and .NET applications a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Compensation: competitive salary plus bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits.