Territory: Western USA
Base Location: Bay Area, San Diego, LA, Seattle, Denver, Phoenix or Houston/Dallas
Support sales team in the pre-sales process, providing technical insight to customers on related products and applications.
Our client is a market leader in microplate detection and cellular imaging instrumentation for life science and drug discovery research. We are seeking an outgoing scientist with bench experience in cell biology applications (ELISAs, cell based assays, microscopy, etc.) to assist customers as they evaluate new instrumentation for their labs.
Previous FAS experience a plus, but not required. Will also strongly consider Lab Managers, Senior Lab Technicians or Postdocs with knowledge of cellular assays, experience using microplate readers and microscopes, and an interest in moving off the bench into a customer facing role.
- Provide pre- and post- sales support including product demos, technical presentations and troubleshooting
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Travel approximately 50%
- BS, MS or PhD in Cell Biology or similar life science discipline
- 5+ years experience with microplate readers and cell biology applications
- Experience with a wide range of assays including cell based assays, ELISAs, FP, FRET, AlphaScreen, bead based assays
- Experience with microscopy and image analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus uncapped bonus, car allowance and full benefits.