Support customers in the pre- and post-sales process, providing technical presentations, instrument demos and training on live cell imaging instrumentation and software.
Our client is a market leader in imaging and detection platforms for life science and drug discovery research. This is a fantastic organization with a positive team culture, innovative product line and excellent customer service. They are seeking a scientist with expertise in live cell imaging and plate based cellular assays to join their FAS team in the Boston area.
The ideal candidate is a Lab Manager, Senior Lab Technician or Postdoc with excellent interpersonal skills, looking for an opportunity to move off the bench into a customer facing role.
- Provide pre-sales support (product demos, technical presentations) and post-sales training and troubleshooting.
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or similar (or MS with 5+ years imaging experience)
- 2+ years experience in imaging core or HCS lab preferred
- Extensive knowledge of fluorescent imaging, confocal and/or widefield microscopy
- Experience with plate based imaging
- Image analysis experience; familiarity with MetaMorph, ImageJ, CellProfiler, etc.
- Experience with microplate readers, robotics and related assays (ELISAs, FP, HTRF, FRET, AlphaScreen, bead based assays) also preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Previous FAS or customer facing experience a plus
- Experienced in troubleshooting and training other scientists
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus bonus, company car and full benefits.