NYC or NJ
Seeking a high energy, technically sound sales professional with an established network in regional academic and biopharma accounts. Knowledge of western blotting and protein based applications required.
Our client is a young, innovative company, focused on providing exceptional tools and application support for life science research. This position is responsible for selling instrumentation to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic, pharma and biotech accounts in the NYC and NJ area. We are seeking a high energy, technically sound sales professional who is familiar with key regional accounts. Knowledge of western blotting and protein based applications required.
- Achieve sales targets through both direct sales and management of distribution channels
- Perform instrument demonstrations, present product seminars, and represent company at vendor and tradeshows
- Maintain close relationships with researchers in key accounts, both academic and pharma.
- BS or higher in life science discipline
- 2+ years life science sales experience with proven track record of success
- Experience with Western blotting and protein/gene expression; qPCR knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with academic and biopharma accounts in the region
- Proven ability to penetrate new accounts through networking and proactive lead generation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Hunter mentality; comfortable in dynamic startup environment with missionary sales mindset
- Self-motivated, competitive and highly driven individual
- Competitive base plus commission and full benefits.