Support customers in the pre- and post-sales process, providing technical presentations, instrument demos and training
This position will work with industrial and academic scientists to educate and train customers on a novel protein characterization technology. Candidates should have a strong background in biophysical characterization working with therapeutic proteins or monoclonal antibodies.
This is a small, fast-growing company with a collaborative team approach, offering significant career growth potential. Applicants must have a desire to work with customers and have excellent communication, presentation and troubleshooting skills. When not traveling to work with customers in the field, the individual will report to the corporate headquarters to process customer samples in the applications lab and to generate data supporting new applications.
Previous FAS experience is a plus, but not required. Postdocs or Bench Scientists with excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to transition to a customer facing role are encouraged to apply.
- Assist customers in evaluation of the technology through technical discussions, presentations and demos
- Provide customer training, troubleshooting, and assist with research collaborations
- Develop application notes, white papers and contribute to peer reviewed publications
- Provide customer feedback to the product management team regarding product enhancements and new applications
- Travel approximately 50%
- MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related field
- Experience working on the development and characterization of therapeutic proteins
- Extensive experience with biophysical characterization techniques including FTIR, CD, UV-VIS, DSC, AUC and/or SLS/DLS
- Knowledge relating to discovery, formulation and analysis of mAb therapeutics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Effective in engaging and training scientists on analytical instrumentation
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus bonus, stock options and full benefits.