Western Region – preferably based in Bay or SoCal (may consider Denver or Seattle)
Support customers in the pre- and post-sales process, providing technical presentations, instrument demos and training
This is a small, fast-growing company with a collaborative team approach. They are expanding their applications team, seeking candidates with experience in biophysical characterization analysis for the development of therapeutic proteins or monoclonal antibodies.
Applicants must have a desire to work with customers and have excellent communication, presentation and troubleshooting skills. Previous FAS experience is a plus, but not required. Postdocs or Bench Scientists with excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to transition to a customer facing role are encouraged to apply.
- Assist customers in evaluation of the technology through technical discussions, presentations and demos
- Provide customer training, troubleshooting, and assist with research collaborations
- Develop application notes, white papers and contribute to peer reviewed publications
- Provide customer feedback to the product management team regarding product enhancements and new applications
- Travel approximately 50%
- MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related field
- Experience working on the development and characterization of therapeutic proteins or mAbs
- Extensive knowledge of protein characterization and analytical techniques including FTIR, CD, UV-VIS, DSC, SEC, AUC and/or SLS/DLS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Effective in engaging and training scientists on analytical instrumentation
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Competitive base plus bonus, car allowance, stock options and full benefits.